Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Second Week Back

The mid year break came and went in a blink of an eye.
A couple of memorable things that happened, Daniel & I went back to Chesterfield Farm. I had a lamb nibble at my chin, which was actually very cute and a goat chew on my hair. They also have kangaroos now, pretty sure they weren't there last year!

Last week we went to Sakura Lounge, a Japanese spa in the CBD. I loved the tatami rooms and it really was so relaxing that I fell asleep. I was sure that I didn't sleep for more than 10min but who knows, at least I didn't snore.

Climbed the 1000 steps with Sophie and Mel, I think I did better this time. It was still very tiring and required numerous rests along the way but overall I never got to a point where I felt like my lungs were going to fall out.

So yes, class started last Monday and the 8ams are killing me. Mainly because I have some insane inability to sleep before midnight. So the sleep deprivation builds to a crescendo by Friday. Also I feel terribly behind and I don't even know how to catch up, I listen to all the lectures, take notes, yet I feel like my knowledge is so lacking. Every time I get asked a question in prac classes I feel like an idiot.

This semester we have a removable prosthodontics patient, which involves making dentures. And for those that who have been lucky enough to have not sat through many many MANY lectures on how to make dentures, let me tell you, the process is long and tedious.

Not to toot my horn (haha), I am fairly good at picking up the practical side of dentistry, it comes to me much more naturally than learning actual knowledge. But I am always unsure of myself, and a bit of a perfectionist, which leads to things taking twice as long for me compared to everyone else. And as there's only limited time to complete set tasks I am always rushing in the last minute or I just don't finish at all.

The dental school is also ridiculously disorganised, some genius decided to fire half the staff at the end of last year, both admin and teaching. Plus, the IT staff are still on holidays at the moment...so this whole year has been very messy.

On more exciting news, Jess & I are leaving for Cairns this Friday to attend a dental convention. It's mostly lectures during the day, and social events in the evening. The convention actually started today, as all other dental schools are still on holidays. So we can only go for the weekend >_> but I hope we can squeeze in something exciting on the Sunday, like snorkelling or going bungee jumping. Actually, saying that I reallllyy want to go bungee jumping!

Okay, back to study it is.

Love Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)