Wednesday, June 12, 2019

So Much

This is a whole new level of hiatus, I genuinely thought perhaps it had been half a year since my last post. But September last year? Wow. That's disappointing, even for me.

No excuses, I've just been all over the place, mentally, that is.
I think I've been trying to sort myself out, my first year of work was definitely eye-opening, stressful and a big learning curve. I think I've more or less settled into a routine for now.

What I came to post about is that I'm really going to try to take pole dancing seriously.

I've officially cancelled my gym membership after almost 6 years. When I'm at the gym I don't dislike what I'm doing but I don't get the same sense of enjoyment I did previously. I'm a bit worried that I might suddenly gain weight but that's unlikely since I honestly haven't even been frequenting the gym very often this year.

Pole is fun and I think the only way I'm going to build some desperately needed upper body strength. I am 100% terrible when it comes to the dancing part, no doubt, but next semester I'm going to try to attend a choreography based class, as well as the regular level class.

In exciting news, Daniel and I are off to the US and Canada at the end of next month! Look I'm somewhat stressed since he is not the planning type, so it's been all me making bookings, and I don't think I've ever been the one to make all the plans for a trip. Overwhelmed, yes I was. But flights and accomodation has been booked, I have a vague couple of things I want to do in each city and the rest we will just have to wait and see.

As much as I'm desperate for a holiday, a little part of me as also feeling like a holiday is a terrible idea because not only am I spending an exorbitant amount of money, being technically self employed means no pay for a whole month. But with that mindset how will I ever be okay to take time off and why earn money at all if I can't enjoy myself, right? Plus everyone says you can always earn more money but you can never get more time yada yada. True true true.

Also, I haven't read a whole book in over a year I think. I swear I'm starting to lose my grasp on the English language. Sometimes when I'm speaking to patients my grammar is so poor I'm sure they're reconsidering whether I'm even smart enough to be a dentist or if perhaps english is not my first language.

Enough of my ramblings,

Love Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)