Thursday, April 5, 2012

Finally I Can Breathe


Hello dear readers, I hope you've all been well.

Rant about uni and the GAMSAT, if you don't want to hear about it skip the first few paragraphs.

Second year of uni has been unexpectedly tough. Our core (and therefore mandatory) subject, Molecular and Cellular Biomedicine, is worth 25 credit points (most subjects are worth 12.5). So most people in my course have 3 subjects this semester, while I have 2 since I did a subject over the summer. I think there's is quite the misconception that having only 2 subjects means I have no work. If anything I wish I could have chosen two separate 12.5 credit point subjects instead of our core, because having 7 lectures on the one subject per week is impossible for me to keep up with. The lecturers are relentless in dishing out slide after slide after slide of information on a daily or twice daily basis. To give you an idea, when I'm summarising a single lecture I can type up to 5 pages (including diagrams) and more than 1000 words.

Also on the 24th of March I completed the GAMSAT. For those who don't know, it's necessary to achieve a good result in the test to be able to go onto higher education in fields such as medicine, dentistry, optometry and etc. The test was a total of 6 hours, we were told to arrive at 8.30am, the test did not start til 10.30am. We did not leave until 6.30pm...

Enough about the boring stuff.

The night of the GAMSAT, Pauline drove me to Gemma's 19th birthday after she finished work, which was held at her house. After our adventurous drive to Croydon, we truly appreciated how far Gemma had to travel to come to any of our houses or just the general vicinity of where we lived.

The 25th of March was my dad's birthday and we went out for dinner at a little Chinese restaurant in Kew. I forgot the name but I'll find out soon.

Daniel & I have been loving out pho from Mekong lately. We've had it a couple of times over the past few weeks. Yum yum yum, too bad the soup is probably laden with msg -.-

So I'm on my Easter break now until Monday week.
Just have to keep reminding myself to stay focussed and actually catch up with work during this time as I have a  mid semester test the first day back grrrrr.

Don't think I have any nice photos to post, but I'll definitely have some up in the next post,
Love Lisa.

1 comment:

  1. My friends also did the GAMSAT and they told me how horrible it was. 2nd year of uni is unexpectedly tough isn't it? This Easter break is much needed for catching up on lost lectures!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)