Thursday, July 12, 2012

Catching Fire

Freedom. Palpable yet just beyond my grasp.

It's been a frustrating few weeks. I've had many happy times that I could recount but on the flipside there's a horrible feeling I can't shake. The past few days have been particularly bad. It's just been one thing adding on top of the other relentlessly. God knows how I'd cope without Daniel.

The end of the day was always my favourite time to blog. But now I'm too drained to ever muster up the energy to begin a post.

I've booked in for a haircut next Thursday. I'll definitely blog about that since I'm quite excited. I'm bored of my hair, time to bring back the layers, maybe a little more fringe and I think I'll just let the hairdresser do whatever she thinks will suit my face, while still keeping my hair fairly long of course.

After that I am still determined to dye my hair before uni starts again. I need change in my life. The same old routine is driving me crazy.

Oh oh! I have finally, truly gotten back into reading again. I literally just finished Catching Fire, the second book in the Hunger Games Trilogy. And my oh my this is definitely one of my favourite series of books I've read so far. The storyline has been more unpredictable than most books which is what makes it so engrossing. The movie pales in comparison to the first book.

Also I haven't read any books with a similar theme, although I am sure there are many. I guess Nineteen Eighty Four had a vaguely familiar post apocalyptic, dystopic feel..it's probably incorrect of me to juxtapose one of George Orwell's novels to the Hunger Games since it's much darker and written in a completely different style, and is a different genre. But if you've read the books hopefully you can see the vague allusion I'm trying to make.

What amused me is that they put Stephanie Meyer's quotes saying how good the Hunger Games are on almost every book. After reading Twilight, can't say that her judgement in good literature is something I would go by.

Enough about that, going to start on the last book now. Goodnight!

Love Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)