I've used eBay for longer than I care to remember, I just checked my accoutn and it was set up in 2008, but that's when I started selling things, before that I used my brother's account (and his paypal account, with his consent of course) to purchase things. So I can truthfully say, I've always enjoyed online shopping.
I do have a love hate relationship with eBay, it's so convenient, yet such a horrible, money hungry company. I wish I could simply renounce eBay but still I've found far too many bargains to be jumping off the band wagon any time soon.
And of course eBay has become a household name, people across the world know of it and have used it at least once in their lives, even if just to browse. So I'm sure the logo is familiar to many:

But horror upon horrors, when I logged on a few days ago and it had changed to this:
No..no NOO. Might be strange that I care but..it really does just take the ebay out of ebay. Sure the colours and misalignment of letters in the original logo was pretty old school, but the new logo just makes it look like a wannabe Google logo, and a bad one at that. Even the colours have been muted since we of the 21st century seem to no longer use bright reds and bold blues.
Somehow I'm upset by eBay succumbing to the pressure to modernise their logo. Oh well, I suppose the next generation will know no different and this is yet another change that's reiterating that I really am getting older. Conversely, I like the new Microsoft logo, I think it works quite well.

Can't quite say the same for the newest Windows logo:
Less really is not always more. And I'm loving the first Windows logo, it reminds me of the font that the title a fantasy novel would be in (or Wikipedia, for that matter).
Love Lisa.
PS. No copyright infringement intended. If this can be counted as that? :/
Hahaha! SO funny the last image of the Windows logo! WHAT HAPPENED?! :)) I love Microsoft's though. :)
ReplyDelete♥,
Shari
The Misty Mom
Followed u btw!
ReplyDelete♥,
Shari
The Misty Mom