I'm sure most of you have forgotten my existence, but I do not blame you. It's almost been a month since I last posted.
I finished exams Monday and had my first shift Tuesday. Wednesday I had to pick up mum in the afternoon and went to Chadstone VIP shopping night with Daniel, then Thursday I had a dentist's appointment and caught up with Tracey, Jenny and Catherine, which was nice because I haven't seen any of them in much too long! Friday was mum's birthday, I spent the majority of the afternoon buying hayfever tablets and running around Camberwell looking for decent flowers, around 6pm we went to Costco and after that had dinner at West Lake restaurant in Chinatown, the food was okay. Then I had my second shift today and saw Daniel afterwards.
I can't remember the last time I actually left the house 6 days in a row, make it 7 since I have work tomorrow as well. And I'm physically not used to doing this much at all, I'm so drained right now. Clearly I've been leading a very lazy life, aside from studying until my brain melts. This has been my first proper job since I worked at Brumby's bakery (in 2009), all my other 'jobs' have just been a few days or a week long doing odd jobs and not actually having a contract with the company.
For all of you who work, study and manage to have a social life, I hope to one day have that kind of energy.
Exams went okay, I had only 3 in total, anatomy, microbes and physiology/pharmacology, within a period of 4 days, so that wasn't the best. Anatomy and physiology/pharmacology went alright, I'm quite unsure of how well I did on microbes though. All I know is, 3 weeks of pure studying somehow ended up being a curse rather than a blessing. I think I just hit a wall after the first week and it took me time to figure out a proper studying method. Oh well, I'm just glad it's over.
Oh yes, and as for where I'm working, the picture below pretty much sums it up.
So far it's been a pretty good , my first shift was very quiet, and today's shift was busy but bearable, I hope it's not too crazy tomorrow.
Love Lisa.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)