What can I say.
The GAMSAT was what the GAMSAT is - a soul-crushing experience.
I love being melodramatic.
After a week of feverish studying, I think the pressure really got to me. More than any exam ever has, including VCE exams and any end of year uni exams. I broke the cardinal rule of not over-studying the night before. I really hope to improve on my result from last year.
So now it has truly been one of the longest hiatuses I've had from blogging. Could be due to the fact that I have been stressing over and studying for the GAMSAT since the middle of the summer holidays, which put a real damper on what should have been time to relax and have fun. So much for having a break, huh?
Uni has been alright. After much deliberation at the end of last year, I decided to major in Pharmacology, thus far it has proven to be a sensible choice. I find it interesting, it's not overly difficult and the department has really great people. I'm not sure if I posted about how much I liked studying anatomy last year, but the thought of handling and dissecting cadavers on a weekly basis much too unnerving and confronting. So that ruled out the HSF major. I also found Microbiology and Immunology (my selective for semester 2 last year) very engaging, I like learning about diseases, parasites and so forth. But the immunology aspect had too much content for me to handle.
Aside from that aspect of my life. Jenny and Pauline's birthday were last week and were celebrated accordingly. Pauline had a joint birthday with Yiana, who I also went to high school with, at the Harp in Kew. It was meant to be a dress up theme, it seemed like only myself and a few others actually followed this. Not many of my close friends went that night and I had uni the next day so I didn't stay for long. I did catch up with Sophie, from high school, who I have not seen since Year 12, I discovered she lives incredibly close to me so I gave her a lift home.
On Friday the 15th, we celebrated Jenny and Pauline's birthday with pizza and drinks at Jenny's cafe in the Docklands. I definitely ate too much. Once again I couldn't stay for long, I had to drive Michael to the airport in the early hours of Saturday. Zinta's 21st birthday is coming up next week! As far as I can remember, I've never attended a 21st birthday celebration, so I'm excited! But truth be told, I'm not excited for my own 21st, just like I wasn't excited for my 20th. A little depressing when you consider that my 18th and birthdays prior to it, I was always ecstatic to celebrate and organise.
I have a mini haul to share in my next post, some ebay purchases and online purchases delivered to Michael's hotel while he was in America.
Love Lisa.
PS. Major craving for katsu don and ramen at the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)