Monday, April 29, 2013

Peninsula Hot Springs [Belated Post]

I can't believe I forgot to blog about our trip to the hot springs!
We went there on the night of Friday the 22nd of February. We had originally booked to go a month earlier, but around the time which we had to leave, it started thunderstorming. Although the idea of being in hot springs in stormy weather holds a certain appeal to me, it's just not ideal.

I did not manage to get any photos. But overall I really enjoyed the stay, as we went at night it got dark and the lights near the pools at the highest point went out so that was scary because I hate walking down steps/stairs to begin with, let alone in the dark. Actually, the power in general I believe went out in part of the facility, so what was  meant to be the hottest pools were only luke warm :(

We also experienced a Turkish steam room. It was enjoyable in a suffocating kind of way. It was so humid every breath was like inhaling a lungful of water (but in a good way?). I was, however, wearing contacts, and I think I had some trouble with that in the steam room as I couldn't see at all after 10minutes. It wasn't painful, just annoying.

The drive back was tiring, next time we will stay somewhere in the peninsula :)

Love Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)