Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Not Sure How To Feel

Orientation for dentistry starts this Thursday. I don't know how to feel.
I am excited to finally do a course that will lead to a definitive outcome, but I know the next 4 years are going to be so much harder than biomed. I just wish I had another month and enough money to go on another adventure overseas before I start. I only have 2 weeks break mid year so a trip overseas is out of the question until the end of the year. Hence why I'm so disappointed I didn't think of going away during the winter holidays last year, since it would have been summer everywhere else in the world.

I do feel as if my life is in disarray. I feel oddly purposeless and unmotivated. So maybe starting uni early is the best thing that could happen. Now that I think about it, every summer holidays for the past 3 years I've either worked or had summer school. So now I can understand why I feel the way I do.

Something that I will definitely start doing is more exercise, in any shape or form and eating healthier. The past few weeks I have been on runs with Sophie and Mel, as they both live close to me, but my diet has been worse than ever, to the point where I feel physically disgusted by what I've eaten on a daily basis.

In other news, Kyuubi was desexed on Monday. I'm hoping that in time he will become more calm, because he is definitely becoming exceedingly misbehaved, although his mouthy tendencies are becoming non-existent (thank goodness).

What's more, Daniel is leaving for Japan on the 31st, for 21 days! I'm definitely envious - even though I only got back from japan a month and a bit ago - and I'm going to miss him ever so much. Although we have been apart for more than 21 days before, that was over 3 years ago and I probably won't deal with it half as well this time around. So perhaps, once again, it's good that I have uni to preoccupy myself. All I can say is, I better be whatsapp'd on a 6 hour (max) basis, lest I go crazy.

In conclusion, I am tired, it is 1.41am, and I told myself I'd change my sleeping habits before uni starts (which gives me about 6 days for that to happen, i.e. it's not going to happen).

Goodnight!

Love Lisa.

1 comment:

  1. Awww don't feel so purposeless and unmotivated doll! Everyone goes through this stage, I definitely did when I first started uni :) I ended up leaving uni and doing beauty school instead after a few years!

    Chin up and have fun at your dentistry orientation!

    x
    Phoebe
    Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)