Sunday, August 16, 2015

'Trust Issues'

This is in regards to the comments seen on photos/videos of makeup transformations.
First and foremost, if you look at these posts and think 'wtf, that's so deceiving, this is why I have trust issues' blah blah blah. Stop. Because you're an idiot for thinking any person could look the same with and without a full face of makeup? I know some comments are jokes, but mixed in there are going to be people who truly believe what they're saying.

When I see transformation photos, I am not focusing on the before picture and how 'horrible' the person looks before. Firstly, I don't think they look horrible at all, they just look like your average person without any makeup. Duh. Secondly, I am instead amazed by the skill of the makeup artist, because that's what makeup is, an art form. Do you understand now? It is transforming someone's face into a work of art, their face is the canvas.

For those who like to wear a lot of make up day to day, that is fine, your choice.
But I know for myself, if I started wearing a face full of makeup daily, I would then feel like I could never show my natural face. I don't think I'm ugly, but the comparison to me completely made up and my bare face is stark. As you would expect.

So yes, in one sense I am somewhat bowing down to societal pressure, which is pretty hard to avoid completely. You know what though, I'm trying to love my face for what it is by wearing minimal makeup. I know therefore, comparatively (to most), I will never look as 'hot' as those girls that do wear a lot. But this is me, and I like sleeping more and not having to wake up at the crack of dawn to transform my face into something more 'perfect'.

What I'm saying is makeup, no makeup. All power to you in doing what you want. You want to wear a full face of makeup on the daily, you do that, but don't let anyone make you feel like your bare face can't be beautiful.

I just want the world to open up their eyes and look at see things from a different perspective.

Love Lisa.

PS. Just had to get that out. Back to study.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)