Friday, December 9, 2016

Square One

Why this long hiatus after I said I would post more often?
Blogger/my internet just has not been loading the new post page until today. Ridiculous I know.

 It's been so long since I've written anything meaningful I think I've actually forgotten how to really write. I feel like I have the English language skills of a 15 year old.
Just another thing I was once good at, but am no longer.

 So we started treating patients at MDC, a private clinic owned by the uni. Honestly, when I first started, I hated it. I felt like it was my first day treating a patient ever, I felt so slow and useless. I guess I hated my own incompetency rather than the actual clinic.

And I'm sure that's how I'll feel once I get out into the real world and it terrifies me.
I know no one is great when they first start out, and surely in the whole scheme of things I'm actually not half bad. But the self-doubt is suffocating.

Which leads me to my next nightmare. How do I find a job. I don't even know where to start, and I know you might be thinking I have another whole year but it's hard pressed finding a job in dentistry these days. From what I heard as week or two ago, only 3 of this year's graduates had secured jobs. Not saying the rest won't be able to find jobs but it's tough.

So in my 'holidays' thus far, I've been working (clinic) and working (retail).

I would really really love to pick up something next year. I'm considering kick boxing. I want something to aim towards that will be fun and improve my fitness.

The one thing I really need to keep in check is my diet. Once I start exercising I become ravenous, like I will eat non-stop, which really just negates doing exercise in the first place.

Why must hot chips taste so good? Sigh.


Love Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)