So I'm of Shanghainese background. And there's a stereotype that Shanghainese women are either extremely wealthy, gold diggers or both. The first time I heard someone say this to me I was deeply offended, as I am the polar opposite. And not only that but how dare someone utter such a ridiculous lie about my heritage. But now over the last 7 years, meeting and hearing about other Shanghainese girls, I finally understand the stereotype.
I wish I could fulfil the former aspect of being wealthy but no, I don't think it was in the stars for me to be rich. And I'm not complaining, I only want to live comfortably and to help take the financial burden off my family's shoulders.
Here's to me currently making peanuts at apparently the highest paying job as a new graduate.
Love Lisa.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)