Who else felt the Earthquake in Melbourne on June the 19th! It's the first one I have experienced as Australia generally does not experience earthquakes so to everyone who lived in the inner suburbs/west side I'm sure they only felt a rumble and slight shaking as I did, and if anything it was more exciting than scary. Though I'm sure it would have been a vastly difference experience for those at the epicentre (Moe, over 100km from where I live) as it was 5.3 in magnitude I believe, something around that. Which, to anyone who lives in an earthquake ridden country, is probably nothing.
On the 21st of June, I met up with the lovely Sylvia for lunch at Huxtaburger on Smith Street. I'd never heard of the place until that day and damn were the burgers SO good. Perhaps I was particularly hungry as well. But the meat patty had a very distinct flavour but I'm not specialist on seasonings/herbs so I can't describe what it was. It was good, that's all you need to know.

The 21st was also the day of Tracey's birthday, so we all went to Aka Tombo on Greville St.

Tracey, myself and Jenny.

Sushi platter to share, complimentary of Tracey. Unfortunately, I, being the freak that doesn't eat sushi, could not share in everyone else's enjoyment. I did try the egg sushi thing on the platter. I'm not sure of what it was called but it was egg, with rice and a bit of seaweed to keep it together. I did, however, still pull off the seaweed ha. Must say that egg was really tasty, which means a lot since I generally don't like egg unless its scrambled and extremely fried.

My Chicken Teriyaki

Tracey's Wagyu Beef.

After eating and dessert (which I thought I had pictures off, I'll have to go look for them). We headed off to Lucky Coq on Chapel to celebrate (for want of a better word) Pauline's month long trip in Europe which she is now currently undertaking. The best part of the night was when Daniel turned up unexpectedly at Lucky Coq. Initially I was annoyed because he had ignored my texts for the past 3 hours, or, he says he doesn't look at his phone (excuses excuses -__-).
When I was with Sylvia I had planned on leaving a short while after getting to Lucky Coq but perhaps it was a mixture of me being excited to see Daniel and me just generally having more energy at night. That I decided to go to One Six One with everyone. Got back home around 1.30am so not too late at all.
That was one of the most eventful days I've had in a long time. It was nice seeing all my high school friends again but also Lucky Coq and One Six One seems to be the place of choice to go on a Thursday night so I also happened to see people from high school that were in different year levels. That was probably something I would have liked to avoid because these are people who know who I am and I know who they are but we've basically never spoken so it's not like we're going to start out of no where now. I can be incredibly socially awkward.
That's all for now, there will be another post in one or 2 days.
Love Lisa.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)