Sunday, December 2, 2012

What I Get For Trying To Be Helpful

So on Tuesday I became incredibly ill but still worked a 9 hour shift, hence why I probably woke up Wednesday morning feeling like I couldn't even move. As I'm not stranger to falling ill (I was a somewhat sickly child), I knew that I would feel terrible for 2-3 days and then begin to recover.
So I knew I wouldn't be well enough for my Thursday shift, so I called in Wednesday, thinking that I was doing them a favour by giving them a whole day to find someone to replace my shift.
Instead I discover that the manager is probably annoyed that I cancelled, probably didn't even believe I was really truly ill. And I find that my shift today' has been taken over by someone else. And I'm 90% recovered, so I could have easily worked today, and hello Sunday pay rates...I wouldn't have missed this shift even if I was still feeling horrible. Boo.

I'll get over it..I suppose :(

Love Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)