Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Easter Break

Dear readers,

I'm 12 weeks into my first semester of dentistry. I'm terrified, it's a month til exams and I have no idea how I'm going to get through it.

In other news, I lost my phone on the night of Pauline's 21st. Then was convinced I found someone selling it on Gumtree, but it was sold to someone else before I had a chance to execute my elaborate plan to get it back. I was already in need of a new phone but I was waiting for the Google Nexus 6 to come out. Except now they're saying it won't be out until the end of the year. Great.

Besides Pauline's, also had Gemma, Jenny and Kathy's 21sts in the past 2 months.
And I attended the MDSS Trivia Night. Our team came dead last, it was still pretty fun though.

If any of you are from Melbourne, undoubtedly you know of H&M's recent opening at the GPO, as well as the Emporium's opening. The Emporium looks great, but something about it feels off to me, maybe I'm just not used to having what feels like a proper shopping centre in the CBD. My favourite Uniqlo is now in Melbourne. But sadly, the prices are unfathomably high compared to Japan. 

H&M, on the other hand, was a jungle. In both a literal and metaphorical sense. Daniel and I went a week after it's opening and there was still a line to get in. Albeit, the line moved fast so we were in there after 10 or so minutes. But just like Melbourne's Zara, everything in there was last season as I'd seen most of it in Japan. The prices were actually quite decent but in Japan the same items were on sale down to $5, rather than $20. So it still felt overpriced to me. I did end up finding a decent circle scarf, something I've been looking for for a while. Daniel also ended up getting me a beanie and belt (much needed), and a pair of pants for himself.

So now I have 4 days left to complete a mountain of work. Wish me luck!

Love Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)