Sunday, July 13, 2014

Well Looky Here

It's been just over (or is it under?) 24 hours since my last post and I'm back on blogger!

I did manage to make it to pilates this morning, and the class highlighted the lack of upper body strength I've had my whole life. Try to get me into sage pose and my arms were wobbling like jello trying to hold myself up. This class was in stark contrast to yoga, it was very active, most of the participants were in my age range give or take 5 years and the instructor was super bubbly.

I did feel a hint of soreness straight afterward, but it's really building up now. Especially the glutes and obliques, muscles that I seldom engage in any activity.

The past few months I've noticed my natural flexibility diminishing, reaching my toes became the limit (forget  being able to get into the king pigeon pose without any effort). Yet right now I can place my knuckles on the floor whilst standing with little strain, something I haven't been able to do all year. Just goes to show I really have been to sentient for the past 4 years.

I should do one of those before and after photos. Am I being too hopeful to wish for any visible progress in a month or so?

Time for sleep so I can be awake for a long day of uni tomorrow.

Love Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)