Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mmm Sleepy

8.17pm
Now it's all making sense 'Human memory is a marvellous but fallacious instrument' - Primo Levi

5.49pm
Summer..or spring if we want to be precise, has always thrown my body clock out of whack, the time is what I'd consider to be evening it's sunnier than it was at midday.
And night time doesn't come until quite late, which is lovely and all when I'm out and about (because if the sun is still in the sky then my mum won't think I'm going to die on the streets of Melbourne...yet) but right now I feel like I have all the time in the world, when really no, not at all.

I finally remembered the word that I could not stop repeating in my mind, fallacious.

1.59pm
Waking up at 8.30 to get to school at 9.30 was difficult, extremely difficult when one goes to bed at 1am the night before.
But funny that I slept at 12.30-1 every night yet made it to school at 8.30 in complete consciousness.
Oh well at least uni doesn't start as early as school, does it? Wow I have no clue.
But at least you don't have to go every day from 8.30 to 3.25pm

My whole body is actually sore from lack of physical movement, this is what studying does to you kids.
Funny how all these years of schooling come down to a few weeks of exams. But how unfair I think that is. What happens if you suffer a nervous breakdown on that very day, and if such an event were to occur then heavy ramifications are incurred as you are judged by your performance on this one particular day.
So they say, do your work, be prepared and you'll be fine, thereby convincing you that it's only right to subject yourself to the a form of torture known as studying.

But I could study my heart out and I know that due to time constraints and the general examination atmosphere it's impossible for me to do as well as I can.
(And if you wonder then, why ever do I still study, well because for me to go on living happy I need to know that I at least tried everything I could)
And to this they reply that everyone else is in the same boat, hence why scaling exists.

Well, something still doesn't feel right.

Oh god my head hurts from my agglomeration of thoughts and nonsensical meandering,
Love Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)