Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Post Op

I had my wisdom teeth removed on Monday morning, all three of them. I did have slight fears for the anaesthetic but when it came to being actually wheeled into the theatre I was completely calm. One moment the anaesthetist was asking about my uni course and the next moment I was awake with half a numb face and 2 ice packs strapped onto my cheeks. And I roused really suddenly, I was only drowsy for a second then I snapped into full consciousness. And then proceeded to ravenously devour a red icy pole.

Too tired to type any more, but basically I woke up this morning, the numbness was gone and a slightly sore pain has settled in, but one that I only really feel if I'm trying to eat or speak.

Oh and I am unable to sleep in?! I woke up at 8.30am and couldn't get back to sleep..even though I fell asleep at 2am the night before..and this is after taking 2 painkillers at midnight in an attempt to prep me for sleep.
I really wish the painkillers would make me drowsy.

Generally today and yesterday were incredibly boring days, since I'm neither in great pain nor am I able to sleep throughout the day. I spend my time in a zombie mode, grunting and hmming for communication while painting my nails and eating congee.

In the midst of it all, I miss Daniel :(


Love Lisa.

PS. I might post some puffy face pictures but they really are terrible because I already have a huge face to begin with.

1 comment:

  1. Ouch! I haven't gotten my wisdom teeth removed yet and I home I don't any time soon, I'm incredibly scared of the dentist :(

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)