Sunday, December 18, 2011

Review: Revlon Lip Butters - Peach Parfait & Tutti Fruitti

Yayayay look what arrived in the mail last week! :D


The packaging has a quilted pattern embossed into it, reminiscent of the original Colourburst lipsticks.
I think there are about a total of 20 shades from what I've read.





Forewarning, I've never cropped the picture to just my lips but the rest of my face looked horrendous. Prepare yourself for close ups of my my slightly awkward, lopsided smile.


My naked lips, this is why I never realised the dark patch on my lip was a freckle, the creases in my lip kinda mix in with it.


Tutti Fruitti
A sheer orange-coral, I expected a brighter orange to be honest but I really love this colour. Very summery and bright but not overtly so. The colour is definitely build-able to a medium coverage lipstick but not opaque.


Peach Parfait
Just like all the reviews, this is the perfect every day pink for my lips, this could complement any look.  Similar to tutti fruitti, it has a sheer coverage but build-able. After watching hollyanaeree's review I was scared that this would feel gritty due to the shimmer but I'm happy to say that this feels smooth and comfortable to wear.

Overall
These did not disappoint and lived up to my expectations after reading and watching countless reviews. Although these are called 'lip butters' I would consider them more of a hybrid between lipsticks and a lip butter, the colour pay off and pigmentation is amazing for something that feels so moisturising.

Of course with that being said, due to the creamy nature of the formula, this is not the most long lasting lip product, at most a few hours. But reapplication is a dream, this really just glides over your lips.

Back to the moisturising side of these, the moment I took peach parfait off my lips, I noticed that they felt so soft and smooth, much more so then before I put any on.

And if you thought I couldn't sing any more praise for these, the scent of these is really attractive..if I can describe a smell like that. It's a sugary, sweet scent and the taste is much better than normal lipsticks that I use.

I would definitely buy more, the only thing stopping me is that I don't think these are even available in Australia yet...or will they ever be? Even if they are I'll bet my money on the fact that one lip butter will retail for in excess of $20.

Love Lisa.

1 comment:

  1. I love the colour of the Peach Parfait!
    Oh and you have a very nice smile which compliments your very nice set of pearly whites :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)