Hm I don't think I ever actually posted about the fact I finally got my helix pierced, after literally 5 years of umm-ing and ah-ing about it.
You know what, there's so many things in life that I haven't done because I've thought too much about it, I've obsessed about the potential things that can go wrong and the fear of failure.
I think this year I made a positive change in my life, I successfully held a job while studying, I went to a dental convention in a different state knowing only a few people, I got my helix pierced, did well in an oral exam (one of my biggest fears), ran the 10km melb marathon and got a position on the dental student's society for next year. Oh and I'm going on a dental outreach in Nepal next year, something I would never have had the confidence to do in the past.
I don't know why I've always had a fear of being known, in the past I just wanted to be unnoticed and to not draw any attention to myself. Not that I'm acting overtly outgoing these days. But I do believe I've come out of my shell.
I can't quite explain it, but I just feel so much better about myself than a year ago.
Guess I'm a late bloomer, always have been.
Love Lisa.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)