Saturday, October 24, 2015

You're My Only Hope

Okay I love Star Wars. Let's be honest, it is one of the greatest sagas known to man.
I'm going to estimate I was around the age of 9 when I was first introduced to the series and binge watched the first four movies. My mind had officially been blown by the storyline, the jedis and the idea of the force.

Attack of the Clones was the first one I watched in the cinema and I can still remember I was so excited I had chills. On the car ride home I said without even realising 'tired, I am'. Seriously, I was in deep. One of the best dreams to date is the one where I had the force, when I woke up I felt like crying because I wanted it to be so badly.

Anyway, so I've probably lost the majority of my readers because I personally, don't know of any girls that like the series. This also blows my mind, why is sci-fi shunned by so many girls?! Forget sci-fi, so many girls don't even like action films...

Hang on, time for me to go on a little spiel/rant. Now that I think about it, again clearly it is conditioning and adhering to 'societal norms' that is the root of the problem.  Girls aren't given toy storm troopers, instead they have their Barbies and what not. Geez, I'm so glad I grew up with an older brother because alls I know is Star Wars, action films and watching Counter Strike** were far more interesting that brushing a doll's hair.

Well the main reason for the post is for me to express how ridiculously excited I am for Episode VII. Watching the most recent trailer brought back so many memories it literally took my breath away.

I think I'm all geeked out for now. Let me just assimilate back into the what society expects me to be, a girl who only talks about makeup and clothes.

Love Lisa.

**I actually preferred watching Day of Defeat the most, I'm not sure why. Also I always felt Axis > Allies. Hm, how very politically incorrect of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)