Sunday, April 18, 2010

Formal Dress Success & Costo

I didn't realise until after I posted it as my status that it rhymed.

Saturday

Firstly, massive thankyou to Tracey who helped me out while trying on dresses! :) (I sound like I'm making a speech after receiving an award)

I'll put up pictures, maybe, don't know. Don't want to give it away but at the same time I really want to show everyone aha :D

Anyway, it took me 2 hours to decide.
I hear that Mystique Boutique in Balwyn was having a sale. So seeing as I really needed a dress I decided to go have a look.
Asking Tracey where it was, she said she would come with (aww) :)
I got there earlier than I expected and began to grab every dress in my size that look at least okay.
My brother drove me there straight from chinese, and he looked bored so I told him to do his own thing, I'd be 30minutes or so (he was shocked that i was take that long ^o) haha)
I've learnt that the most unthinkably horrendous dresses can look really nice when they're actually on you. Same as for dresses that don't suit others can suit you perfectly.

By the time Tracey found me, I was in the change rooms, already with 10 dresses to try on. Eventually sifted through and found four of my favourites.
Surprisingly they were all black, but it was the only colour they had in those styles (that were left).
Nothing against black dresses, it's just so..common. But whatever, I'm happy.

I was going to put them on hold for a few hours and then get my mum to come have a look, but they couldn't put them on hold because they were on sale :(
So then  had to call my brother to call my mum (couldn't get through to her myself) and see if she could come now.
Luckily dad was already home and drove her there, while my bro went home (I feel terrible I kept him waiting for an hour).

Mum came quite quickly and one hour later, I had my formal dress..plus another one LOL.
Yeah but in my defence the other was $39 and semi formal. Hehe.

Oh there was one really nice shop assistant, one who gave over the top compliments (which is still nice) and one that was more bitchy. Hmm.
The bitchy one didn't seem impressed that I just hung around with the dresses until my mum came.


Sunday

This morning I went to Costo with my mum and bro and man, is it massive in there. We discovered the photo centre there as well, decided to test out a few prints to see the quality, pretty handy I had my camera and therefore my SD card :)

Everything is so amazing there, like the size of the bulk packaging and the overall range. I think we only look at a half to 2/3 of the whole warehouse today and that took hours.

Some of the things we bought were Jack Daniels BBQ sauce (if you've been to TGIs you'll know how good it is, mm baby back ribs), chilli sauce and bagels (yesss). Oh also, value pack of aspirin (aspirin mask time ;D)



Picked up the photos and found that the quality wasn't bad at all, though there's a noticeable contrast and slight saturation boost. Hmm.

Overall, Costco is cheap, but you still spend quite a bit, and I don't mean for more purchases either.
See at Costco you see all this shit that's normally like 100 bucks but is now $50, so you're like ohh wow awesome deal, let's get it...while if you didn't see that deal at all maybe you would have bought something only $30, if that makes sense.

Photos later :)

Wasted way too much time today, time to do homework like mad,
Love Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)