I purchased these from fobbybarbie.com
The shipping took 15 days, so that's just over 2 weeks as expected.
It came in a bubble wrap padded bag:
Colour 9/10
I really quite like the colours of these lenses, its not an extremely vibrant or intense shade of violet. So it's not as unnatural as some violet lenses that I've seen before.
Design 8/10
I think that the ring of colour could come further in towards the pupil hole or it could possible fade out a bit more subtly.
Enlargement 8/10
Although these are 14.5mm, same as the EOS Max Gold Black, I do not find them as enlarging nor do they give as much of a dolly eyed effect.
Comfort 8/10
I do not find these as comfortable as my EOS lenses, it takes at least an hour or 2 for my eyes to become accustomed to the lenses. Also I feel like they do not fit my eye as well as the EOS do, but that could be due to my eye shape.Overall, I love the way these lenses look from afar, it just adds a hint of a dark purple/violet, without being too weird looking. However if someone was to come within maybe 15cm of your face and stare into your eyes (which are in direct sunlight) the design does not look that great. The purple ring seems not to blend well up close (as you can see from the picture below).
Ahh close ups of it and in direct sunlight...freaky.
[okay I had to take these pictures down, I don't want to scar anyone]
With and without (taken on a different day to the other pictures, using my SB-600 bounce flash):
Light from the window but not in direct sunlight.
Sorry for the picture overload,
Love Lisa.
PS. Just to put it out there yes, yes I do have a slight new obsession for circle lenses and nail art. Am I becoming incredibly asian? はい。
Oh em geee, yeah so if any happens to see this on youtube, I'm not trying to hide it or anything but its not a particularly good video.
I whipped it up because your supposed to get a free pair for doing a video review, unfortunately I have not received this in return yet..I will get it out of them >:( hence why I'm keeping this video up for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)