Thursday, February 25, 2010

There's no freedom in sight


My hair was stufffffed this morning, had to do something to make it look decent :S

Finished chinese essay woo :D

During dinner last night a winged ant was apparently harassing us, I however, did not see it.
Then once dinner was over, it flew into my face :)
A few moments later I hear this conversation
Mum: Hey, it's that flying ant that flew into Lisa's face
Dad: Kill it!
Mum: No, let's chilli sauce it to death
*silence*
Mum: It's having little spasms of a spicy fatality.




http://www.welton.com.hk/
My bro borrowed them from his work..to play with them? They're $600 RRP o_o
Haha, they're pretty cool, you can watch tv, dvds, from your iphone or whatever, just plug it in. And what I like is that the screen looks distant but large, like as if you were in a cinema :O


Chronicles of Sony Ericssons I've owned.
They have been all returned to me, but a few are missing the batteries and the black k800i is completely dead :|


Another piece of technology brought home by Michael, it's a hi speed camera. Just digital, but it can take over 100 photos per second I believe...D: Yeah. Costs around 1k, so the same as an entry level slr.

Bardot Sale.



Just few of the things I bought. In the end I spent just over $50, and managed to find a playsuit, tank, jumper dress, semi formal dress, and a sequins high waisted skirt.

< rant>
Dinner tonight, my brother was discussing his options for the future. And mum started getting really agitated. The way she was talking and what she said, even now...I feel doomed, my brother is 24 and my mum is still clinging to her stranglehold on him. She really has no idea.
And arguments with her always end the same way, she says why do you keep arguing with me, I'm tired and I've been doing so much today.
When really, no one was arguing with her, she just has to refute anything that is remotely different to her opinion.
She needs to read my expository essay haha the 'Other people's viewpoints can stimulate and expand my thinking' one. If she could hear what she was saying, then I think she'd realise how ridiculous it all is. Not to dismiss everything that my mum says, but she needs to learn the fine line between caring and controlling.
Kudos to my brother, his shanghainese is way more advanced than mine. I wouldn't have been able to hold up against her for that long before I started mixing english and shangy together.
< /rant>

Love Lisa.

1 comment:

I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)