Never before have I realised how many chinese..or chinese themed movies are shown in your regular popular cinemas.
Or maybe it's only a recent thing, but more likely I've just been oblivious.
So yesterday was Mao's last Dancer

and today was The Founding of A Republic (I think there were about another 30 people with us in the cinema max ahaha)

It was all spoken in chinese with chinese and english subtitles, but it felt like that movie wouldn't end, no joke, although it went for what maybe 2 and a bit hours, to me it could have been 3..or 4.
I will admit although not as much propaganda as I expected it was still fairly obvious, and the general storyline was based on the real history. See, never had I known that China had had a president (had had ha, that always makes me feel silly)
And they portray Mao ZeDong as the nicest most caring guy, giving kids piggy backs and what not, where's the other side of the story? Yes yes obviously it makes sense why would they tell the not so pretty parts but I'm just saying...
The point when the movie ended, dad was like and then after that, under Mao ZeDong there were mass executions, including that of his faithful supporters. Ironic.
Anyhow overall was quite enlightening, hilarious how much they played up Mao's awesomeness (*cough) and how the US were so unwilling to help them.
Don't shun me, I wear purple tights.

Gross my hair looks crimped right now, if ever you see such a thing, it means my hair's been in a plait..braid (people seem to call it different things).
Now waiting for Adobe Master Collection CS4 to install and sleep :)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)