Friday, October 30, 2009

House Swimming
Had House Swimming on Friday. At first I wasn't to eager to swim or get in the water, but then we needed more people for our novelty events. So I thought why the hell not. Cept I was already a little behind on time so I had to change at the speed of light ahahha and needless to say, I probably flashed 12408 people along the way.
Once I was in the water it was just so fun, first event went by quickly and I got into the spirit of things and started screaming our house chants. A little embarassing but I had fun.










It's out last house swimming okay, I got sentimental. I could'nt not go that day, so many of my friends didn't god, it made me quite sad because although we always say how shit it is, I swear we always have fun in the end.


Ants
I heard a disgusting story of my bro using the scanner and then realising there were ants everywhere, then he thought oh look bread crumbs, no wonder there are so many ants. But then he ripped open the foamy bit on the underside of the lid..and he saw clusters of what he had believed to be bread crumbs. Then it hit him, THEY WERE ANT EGGS, OR LARVAE, *beeeep* my stomach churned when I realised what he meant. Gross gross gross, the ants were going to start a new colony in our lovely warm scanner!

1984, Mum's Life
So we were eating dinner and mum starts talking about her younger days. And I've heard these stories an infinite number of times over but this time it all really hit me. Everything she was saying sounded exactly like the book '1984' by George Orwell (I'm sure many of you will know it).
The fact that everything was monitored, you only get a certain amount of food a week but you don't have to pay for it, she worked in a factory designing machines and these factories produced a very strict number of items.
They heard nothing from overseas all the news came from the government and they told everyone that China was better off than anyone else. That America and all other non communist nations were living in squander that could be likened to hell. Pretty extreme no?
So I asked M whether 1984 was based on China and he replies with: "No, it's based on Russia...which China was based on" hahah what a fool.

I think I picked up my bro's Macbook really abruptly and kinda swung it over to me in one sharp movement and he goes: "Don't do that you'll get bad sectors"
He paused I looked at him and he looked at me and we cracked up laughing he's such a comp nerd :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)