Every day, I keep hanging on to the hope that one day my parents will be accepting, that they'll see me differently.
But it's times like tonight that I have this aching feeling they will never understand, maybe give them time, but it's been 17 years, is it not time to see that I'm growing up? That I'm my own person now.
It scares me even more that once my bro finally moves out, it'll be just me and them, they'll focus all their attention on me, overprotecting me more so than they are right now.
I'll be 18 in less than a year, a legal adult, yet it feels like at this rate, freedom will only be obtainable at a very high price. Lies lies and more lies, yet again breaking there trust.
Sometimes I just stop thinking about it all and I forget, and I can continue living life as it is.
But that's exactly how this has all eventuated, I became too complacent, to trusting that they wouldn't accept. So I didn't let them try. And now it's almost too late.
What can I do?
I'm too cautious, too unsure, too afraid of retribution. Be it justified or not.
I'm trapped in no man's land.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)