Sunday, January 31, 2010

Retreat

Just before I get into that, I finished Enduring Love. I feel a little empty, I need something to read :| Seriously.
I keep forgetting to get the books from Martin.
Oh and today is 37 degrees, I didn't even want to turn my computer on but my brother was backing up the app files but then it went crazy when he left so it didn't end up working.

Day 1
Kicked off at school. I'm in 12B with Paul, Zinta, Jenny Han, Elise, Faith, Rushani, Cass and so forth :)
Mr Nicoll and Mrs Dumsday are our form teachers, not bad.
Received our timetables, diaries and Year 12 jumpers.

Yeah only difference is it says Year 12 2010 and it's a light blue.

Must say I'm pretty disappointed by my timetable, my methods teacher teaches so slow I will never learn and I have no frees/spares (whatever you call it at your school) at the end of a SINGLE day in a fortnight. Um that's effed up, dodgy as FUUUCK. Couldn't they have pity on me, I mean I already have half the amount of frees as everyone else, couldn't they at least make them good :S
Discovered our lockers are in the tiniest most cramped corridor opp the biology labs.
Attended a short introductory 30min lesson of each class.


Queen's College

AT the place we got our rooms, ours somehow didn't have our room numbers so it was trial and error until we found the door which our key worked for.

Had beef burgers and berry tart for dinner.


Jenny's Game haha.


Listened to teachers talk.
Had a year level discussion.
"Made a tree of leaves"



Then we had some free time, we were all in a random room and Jenny did makeup for one of everyone's eyes.

Jenny & Tracey

Next, tranny photos. Which I will steal off Pauline one day soon.


Teachers started patrolling the hallways around 11pm, yelling at people to go to bed and what not.
I don't think they minded to much when more than one person slept in the same room.
But I didn't really mind separate rooms. And besides that way I could talk to Martin without disturbing anyone else :)

Day 2
My alarm was set for 6.30, didn't actually leave my room until 7am because I couldn't tell if anyone else was awake.
Pauline came to get me and Tracey up so we all went down to the Dining Hall.
Breakfast was pretty generic, I really craved bacon and has browns mmmm.
Instead I had nutri grain, not filling..at all.

Afterwards we went back to our rooms to pack everything up.


Basically what everyone's rooms looked like. I thought mine had a pretty nice view.

First guest speaker was a physio, talked to us about posture for a while. Wow typing that just made me really conscious of my terrible hunch.

Onto our first activity. We signed up for "breathe, Stretch, Exercise" with Mr O'Neill, thinking it was some sort of yoga but it ended up being just stretches, as in very basic ones. Though we did have to walk 'briskly' to Princes Park.
Came back, had a morning tea.

Second activity was "Healthy Mind, Healthy Body" with Jane. We did meditative breathing and just talking about how we need to stop thinking sometimes..you know.

Lunch was a pie of choice plus a small amount of chips + either potato salad or green salad.




the Junior Common Room, where all meetings were held.

"Effective Communication" was next. It was all about body language and the different ways to communicate...most of it talked about the obvious.

Then we had a while to write about 'Our Goals', nobody had pens so it didn't really work out. Just became a chatting sesh ;D

Next we had a group photo, I think Belinda from our school came just to take a photo. She has the sweetest job at our school, I swear!

Then we all just ran off to the city.

I think this is a fairly passable account of our Retreat.
Will add more photos when I get them.
Love Lisa.

PS. Yesterday around 7pm, I discovered one of my budgies, Butter, had died from heat stroke. I know it's no ones fault but if the cage was in the shade, I'm pretty sure she didn't need to die.
The others were also exhausted from the heat but recovered quite quickly.
The poor baby, her mate was really morose this morning, making sad little chirping noises at the edge of the cage...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)