The article was this one, which, to my amazement when I saw it on the single desk I was about to sit at, I have read before :D
Including the cartoon with four frames and additionally a letter to the editor written in response to the article.
Yess finally reading the newspaper has paid off. Wait is payed a word..paid...payed, it's paid right? :|
Fingers crossed this will be something I can actually do well on in english because I feel like it wasn't nearly as (okay, far from) terrible as the On The Waterfront one. Plus my practise ones were fine, it's just me + time limit = disaster.
Anyways, now it's time to catch up on spesh..many..many MANY chapters of spesh. It'll probably lead into the holidays..can't wait huh ^o)
Elspeth printed out our formal invites, aw I should have made space at the top so she could personalise them, instead of having to cram above the 'you are invited to', if only I knew.
It was another one of those Tuesdays. Had a chinese detailed study sesh with Sui Laoshi in my spare. Formal committee meeting at lunch, plus there were meant to be badminton trials but luckily they didn't seem to have been on.
And of course after school was english. Weow.
OH OH OH OHHHHH, my new earphones came :DD
They're freaking awesome, the bass was meant to be better than the sennheiser ones but they seem about the same. Who cares though, they have a fabric cord thing...if that makes sense, rather than the usual plastic encasing the wires and shit.
I believe the advantage is added flexibility? And I always twist/ wrap my wires, which according to dad and brother is how I killed my last ones.
Wait one more thing, my dad bought me a book about giant pandas for my detailed study. He got our relative (I think she's my cousin) who lives in Syndey to get it while she was in China, and then she mailed it to us when she got back to Australia. Mrs. Sui was mighty impressed by my dad's initiative, but no more than I am, aww.
Oh I hear it's 粽子 season ahahhah, to commemorate some ancient guy in the army who drowned himself because the emperor didn't listen to his amazing advice. Okay I don't know the full story and then people threw 粽子 into the water so he couldn't get eaten by...whatever lived down there. How thoughtful of them.
Anywho, my parents are making enough to keep us alive for the long cold winter.
Seems like we've moved on from the 小笼包 and 馒头, but they'll be back before I realise it.


Need to shower and clear my camera's memory card.
Because it's about time I started doing something in preparation for the formal,
Love Lisa.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)