Why go away?! I love the rain, maybe I used to squeal and scream in terror running away, but now I embrace it, with open arms, I no longer care about my hair getting wet, not if it means I can roll around in puddles ;)
So guess what got up..around 7.30am to make our epic family trip to see the Dalai Lama.
My bro last night was getting lazy thinking about getting up so early in the morning, well let's just say I'm sure he didn't regret coming with us in the end.
Took the tram to Flinders. We were meant to catch the 8.13am but Michael had to shower and therefore we had to catch the 8.20. So we were a tinsy bit late to meet the asian congregation of Mum and Dad's friends.
Then we walk to the Exhibition Centre.
But it turned out we were in the Convention Centre, mhmm where MHS's speech night was :)
After seeing many monks and people in traditional wear we were let into the hall..thing, whatever you call it.


After a half an hour or so wait, we see the doors opening, everyone was standing up to show respect. We waited and waited all of a sudden the doors closer to our side opened and in entered the Dalai Lama.
A few Tibetan, Chinese and Australian people made speeches to the Dalai Lama.
Then he himself spoke, first in Tibetan, with a Chinese translator and a monk to the side translating to English.



I run up the aisle and started being wannabe paprazzi as always, bet the real photos graphers were scoffing at my D60, easily dwarfed by his Nikon D3 and other SLR with massive telephoto lens. I swear each camera would have weighed over a kilo or two (including the lens and flash attachment).
Okay less about cameras, more on Dalai Lama.
Basically he talked for a while, and I was up front more or less a few metres away from him, then there were some performances.




My bro was sitting next to this guy playing a traditional Tiebtan instrument.

Finally, it was time for the man to leave the building.

And guess what, Michael was saying I'm going to get a photo with him, I'm going to shake his hand, and I was on the ready armed with my little D60.
And guess what,

Booyah baby. I was so scared I couldn't react in time to capture the moment but :D
And the focus is so perfectly on the Dalai Lama.
And that's my mum's hand under the Dalai Lama's hand..if you can see what I mean.
He's really a funny, relaxed guy. Though he had like 20 security guards following him, but who wants to assassinate the Dalai Lama, he's so nice haha :)

Next, Mekong for lunch.
Mm Beef and Beef Balls Pho.



Went to visit some family friend who owns a store in Chinatown.
When my parents were done chit chatting, it started pouring with rain, we waited on Swanston for a train down to Flinders.



I don't know why so many people run away from the rain like it's going to poison them, I really don't.

Finally got on a 70 and back home we went. I feel asleep for the majority of the ride.
And saw this walking home, cute isn't it :)

Home at last.



FIN.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love reading your thoughts and comments. I'll reply to any questions as best as I can! :)